Features of iOS 17
iOS 17 is a major release that upgrades the communications experience across Phone, FaceTime, and Messages; makes sharing even easier with Air Drop; and provides more intelligent input that improves the speed and accuracy of typing.
iOS 17 also introduces new experiences with Journal, an app that makes it easy to capture and organize your thoughts and ideas. Name Drop is another feature that allows you to share your contact information with others by simply tapping your phone against theirs.
Here are some of the features of iOS 17:
- Phone: iOS 17 introduces a new feature called Name Drop which allows you to share your contact information with others by simply tapping your phone against theirs.
- FaceTime: FaceTime now has audio and video messages, reactions, and extends to Apple TV.
- Messages: Messages has a fresh look and big updates. You can now create beautiful contact cards, share contacts with gorgeous animations, create your own stickers, see practical information through Stand By when the iPhone is charging, and much more.
- Air Drop: Air Drop makes sharing even easier. You can now share files with anyone nearby without having to connect to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Autocorrect: iOS 17 has an enhanced autocorrect feature that improves the speed and accuracy of typing. It is language-limited to Arabic, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Korean, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, and Thai. Enhanced autocorrect in English, French, and Spanish is restricted to the iPhone 12 and newer models.
- Journal: Journal is an app that makes it easy to capture and organize your thoughts and ideas. You can add photos or videos to your entries and use tags to organize them.
The release date for iOS 17 has not been announced yet but it will be available on all devices that support iOS 16.